BRU is a global all-in-one tea brand, which has developed and patented an innovative tea machine to help tea drinkers enjoy tea in a more convenient, consistent and sustainable way.
Traction and Ask
With €280k net monthly revenues in the last month (113% MoM in H2 2023), €670k net annual revenues in the last 12 months and 1,200 customers in Austria and Germany, BRU is now looking to raise €1.5M seed funding. The ideal investor would have expertise in the scale up stage, internationalization (EU and USA), e-commerce or supply chain. The investment is needed to:
- Launch sales across Western Europe (including marketplaces such as Amazon) and enter the USA market in 2024.
- Scale up marketing activities to acquire 26,000 new customers in 2024.
- Strengthen the team with 2 new hires in sales and marketing.
Market, Business Model, Financials and Team
Founded in 2019 in Zürich, BRU is poised to capture a significant share of the global smart tea maker market worth $13Bn (+29,2% CAGR until 2030).
BRU is monetizing through direct sales and subscriptions charged to B2C customers. Revenue growth (break-even in November 2023) is projected to reach €24M by Q4 2026.
The BRU team consists of 4 full-time (including the 2 co-founders) and 3 part-time employees. The founders combine 25+ years of managerial, commercial, entrepreneurial, foodtech and e-commerce expertise.
Key USPs versus competitors like Vorwerk Temial in Germany are:
- Patented technology for automatic cleaning.
- The only tea machine in the world that allows you to perfectly prepare any kind of tea at the push of a button.
- Collecting real-time consumer data on tea drinking behavior (BRU will know who drinks what tea, at what time, how much and how frequently) which provides BRU with insights to drive sales of tea like no other tea company.
At a €8M pre-money valuation, BRU aims to close this seed round by April 1, 2024. One angel investor has already committed to join with €200k. The minimum investment ticket size is €50k.
BRU has previously raised €800k in private capital in 2022 from Loyal VC (USA) and a few business angels to validate the product market fit and launch sales in Austria and Germany. After this investment round is secured, BRU is fully ready for international commercial uptake and will have the necessary traction for the next series A round in Q4 2024. BRU is seeking to exit in 5 years via M&A or buyout at a target valuation of €100M (12,5x return of investment).
Get in Touch
Filip Carlberg, Co-Founder and CEO, is speaking with potential investors over the next few weeks and is keen to pitch, demo and open up their KPIs and financial plans in detail.