D1 Technology Ltd is a premier SaaS firm which provides an advanced embedded non native e-commerce marketplace solution, tailored for the travel and leisure industry, enabling web visitors on any media surface to create and book travel plans directly with each supplier.
Find out more at: www.d1techs.com
Traction and Ask
In 2023, D1 Technology initiated a fully operational pilot in Kiruna Lapland, Sweden, yielding a booking volume of €20,200 and commission-based revenue of €1,620. Anticipating a net revenue of €1.1M in the next 12 months and a staggering 700% growth in 2024-2025, D1 Technology is now seeking €800k in seed funding. We are keen on partnering with investors possessing a strong background in travel, e-commerce, SaaS, and FinTech sectors.The investment is needed to:
- Accelerate sales and onboard 4-5 more customers, thus reaching €1.1M net annual revenue by Q4 2024.
- Strengthen the team with 2 new hires in sales and 4 new hires in product development such as backend, frontend and UI/UX developers.
Market, Business Model, Financials and Team
Founded in 2020 in Stockholm, D1 Technology is poised to capture a significant share of the global online travel market worth $500Bn+. Initially we will mainly focus on the European market.
D1 Technology specializes in monetizing the substantial volume of organic traffic present on tourist destination websites and travel media, both digital and in print. We serve as the intermediary that facilitates travelers in crafting and booking their travel plans with various providers in the travel market. Revenue growth is projected at 700% between 2024-2025, with expected break-even in Q1 2025, reaching €47M by Q4 2026.
D1 Technology’s team of 3 full-time and 2 part-time co-founders, 2 part-time employees and 2 advisors, with 86% (78% after this round’s share issue) total ownership, combines several decades of managerial, commercial, and TravelTech expertise.
- We leverage significant pre-existing website traffic, ensuring immediate revenue generation without the need to build organic traffic from scratch.
- We establish cost-efficient new sales channels, significantly reducing intermediary fees compared to major platforms like Booking.com and Expedia.
- We empower tourist organizations to monetize their organic traffic, unlocking new revenue streams for their member hotels and activity providers.
- We empower to extend reach across a multitude of digital surfaces and printed media connecting with hundreds of millions of new customers.
- Our innovative payment solution enables the capability to seamlessly handle multiple split payments to vendors and distribute commissions to various stakeholders.
At a €8M pre-money valuation, D1 Technology aims to close this seed round by 5 April 2024. The minimum investment ticket size is €25k.
D1 Technology has previously raised €400k in private capital in 2022-2023 from angel investors in Sweden to launch its pilot and validate the product market fit. After this investment round is secured, D1 Technology is fully ready for international commercial uptake and will have the necessary traction for series A round in Q1 2025.
D1 Technology is seeking to exit in 3 years via IPO or buyout at a target valuation of €450M, equivalent to 56x return of investment.
Get in Touch
Kevin Kirk, Co Founder & CEO, and the other founders are speaking with potential investors over the next few weeks and are keen to pitch, demo and open up their KPIs and financial plans in detail.