At a Glance
Klavant GmbH develops IDA, Intraoperative Digital Aortography, to make operations on the aortic valve (AV) or aorta safer. With the help of IDA, the surgeon is given for the first time a reliable statement during the operation for whether the AV is closing tight as desired or not. If this is not the case, this will be determined and can be corrected immediately. Re-operations are thus avoided as well as reducing mortality and morbidity rates.
Traction and Ask
With their patent (DE102018102940A1) and a €5,42M pre-money valuation, Klavant is looking to raise €500k pre-seed funding and gain valuable expertise from investors. Favorable but not necessary would be any kind of access to international heart centers, FDA approval experience, successful clinical study background, access to VC in the field of seed for MedTech startups or content marketing strategy.
The investment is needed to:
- Quality Management System and 13485 Certification;
- Prototype for First in Human, Trials and Study;
- Documentation of Electromagnetic Compatibility, Sterility and Bio-Compatibility.
Market, Business Model, Financials and Team
Klavant‘s markets are the highly specialized heart centers which are usually directly bound to university clinics. In Germany about 20 out of 80 heart centers are doing about 65% of all relevant cases. KIavant is already co-operating with 9 of these 20 clinics.
Klavant is monetizing mainly through Control Units (permanent usage), Pressure and Imaging Unit (single usage), software (license per clinic, annual fee) and support and maintenance (monthly fee) charged to clinics. Revenue growth is projected at ca. €50M and EBIT at ca. €10M in 2030 (breakeven in 2026). Klavant team of eight (3 founders) combines 70+ years of medical, commercial and technology expertise.
Key USPs versus competitors are:
- Reliable quality control during surgery leads to better surgical outcomes.
- Intraoperative 3D imaging under simulated blood pressure enables a reliable and quick leakage test of aortic valves.
- Quality controls before a postoperative swallow echo is carried out allow for corrections during operation when indicated.
- Best possible decision based on more detailed information, less reoperations/revisions, escalations, less mortality, morbidity, better quality of life.
Klavant is raising at least €500k in this pre-seed round. Around €250k has already been collected from the group of shareholders. They are now receiving the first commitments from new investors and are trying to close this round by 31 March 2023.
Get in Touch
Klavant’s founders are speaking with potential investors over the next few weeks and are happy to answer your questions. Please let us know if this is of interest and we will arrange an introductory call.
Contact Jürgen A. Cujé at Business Angel Network Europe to find out more.