Reissujuna (Suomen Elämysjunat Oy) restores the glamour in train travel with unforgettable experiences such as sauna, club wagon and music performers.
Traction and Ask
With €80k net annual revenues in the last 12 months (+300% YoY), several tailored train trips over the last few years and hundreds of customers, Reissujuna is now looking to raise €300k pre-seed funding. Optional €300k by convertible note is offered too. The ideal investor would have expertise in the travel and tourism sector in the Nordics. The investment is needed to:
- Acquire a company owning train equipment and operating license. The deal with such a company has already been negotiated;
- Reach €909k net annual revenues by Q4 2024;
- Develop the train equipment to serve the customers better.
Market, Business Model, Financials and Team
Founded in 2020 in Helsinki, Reissujuna is poised to capture a share of the Finnish train travel and tourism market worth €16.3B.
Reissujuna is monetizing through direct sale of experience train trips charged to both B2B (e.g. tailored trips for companies’ events) and B2C customers, and later on through daily train trips too. Revenue is forecasted to reach €6.4M by Q4 2028. The company will reach breakeven already in Q2 2024.
Reissujuna team of 12 (1 full-time founder, 1 full-time employee and 10 advisors and part time workers), with 99% (75% after this round) total ownership by founders, combines several decades of managerial, commercial and railroads expertise.
Key USPs versus competitors are:
- Unique product; no other experience train available in Finland.
- Enthusiastic and exceptionally experienced team in the field of railroads.
- Dynamic business model with effective cost-structure. Low maintenance cost.
- Unique opportunity to buy a train operator with a low price.
At a €1.08M pre-money valuation, Reissujuna aims to close this €300k pre-seed round by December 31, 2023. Some minority investors have already committed to join with €10k. The minimum investment ticket size is €10k.
Reissujuna has previously raised €60k in 2021 from private investors to validate the business concept. After this investment round is secured, Reissujuna is ready to start the business in full volume with its own train equipment.
Get in Touch
Robert Ramstedt, Reissujuna coordinator, and the founders are speaking with potential investors over the next few weeks and are keen to pitch, demo and open up their KPIs and financial plans in detail.