No.1 football training app in the world with 1.5M+ players, featuring training plans created by Premier League experts, including Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand, to help aspiring young athletes reach their full potential.
Find out more at: http://www.traineffective.com
Traction and Ask
With €1,240,000 net annual revenues, €738.000 gross profit (124% YoY) in 2023 and downloads of the football app in 150+ countries, Train Effective is now looking to raise €2M seed funding. The ideal investor would have expertise in sports and/or consumer technology. The investment is needed to:
- Scale the football app, especially in the US, to reach the next milestone of 5M users by Q4 2024;
- Expand into new sports such as Paddle, Tennis, Basketball and more, having already successfully launched a Pickleball app in 2023;
- Strengthen the team with 6 new hires in software & product development and 2 new hires in our marketing team.
Founded in 2019 in London, Train Effective is democratising access to elite sports coaching and poised to capture a significant share of the global sports app market worth €3.6Bn (+10% CAGR/Year).
Train Effective is monetizing through SaaS subscriptions charged to B2C customers, with additional revenue coming from B2B app sales to clubs and teams as well as sales of our physical training camps in London. Revenue growth is projected at 2.3x YoY, reaching €6.6M by Q4 2025, with the company having already passed breakeven and even generated a net profit in every quarter of 2023.
Train Effective’s team of 17 includes ex-professional footballers, Premier League experts like Rio Ferdinand, an Oxford MBA, an in-house software dev team, and advisors & investors from BlackRock as well as the CFO of a unicorn.
Key USPs versus competitors like Box-to-Box (Germany) or Techne Futbol (US) are:
- Strong brand of 4M+ followers across social media, we’ve built a reputation as the best and leading football training platform in the world.
- First in this space that has successfully managed to expand into another sport (Pickleball), capitalising on our first-mover advantage of having designed a user experience that works great across multiple sports to establish ourselves as the leader in the sport training market.
- More than just an app. Unlike competitors, we’ve created an entire ecosystem around our app, including physical camps which generate content and success stories, in turn driving app downloads and engagement.
At a €17.5M pre-money valuation, Train Effective aims to close this seed round by 31st of March 2024. Various angel investors, including current Premier League players and ex-BlackRock managers, already committed to join with €480k. The minimum investment ticket size is €20k.
Train Effective has previously raised a total of €500k in private capital in 2021 and 2022 from angel investors in the UK, US and China, to improve the user experience of the app and validate its product market fit. After this investment round is secured, Train Effective is fully ready for expansion into new sports and international commercial uptake and will have the necessary traction for the next Series A round in H2 2025. Train Effective is seeking to exit in 7 years via M&A (by brands such as Adidas, Nike, Under Armour) at a target valuation of €150M (9x return of investment).
Get in Touch
Nick Humphries, co-founder & CEO, and Thomas Achtel, co-founder & COO, are speaking with potential investors over the next few weeks and are keen to pitch, demo and open up their KPIs and financial plans in detail.
Request the full pitch deck and get in touch with the founder by clicking below.